Friday, September 4, 2009

Book publishing doesn't stop with Labor Day

Dear Reader,

Happy Friday!

As I write it is the Friday before Labor Day weekend. While I am excited to have some time off, I have a feeling that there won't be much down time. We have 2 parties/picnics and also lots of end-of-summer weeding and garage clean-out on the agenda.

I also hope to squeeze in some personal time with one of my book's format.

Let me rephrase. "Hope" is not actually the right word. "Hope" would imply something that I would be looking forward to do.

So ... I also plan to force myself to reformat the interior of my children's fiction novel, "The Month of Zephram Mondays."

When I say that weeding and garage clean-out are more appealing than frustrating myself with the reformatting -- well, that's saying a lot. Especially when you consider that I had horrible poison ivy the last time I weeded. And we can't get any of the cars in the garage because there is too much junk!

But, my book dream calls -- and my publishing empire will never launch if I don't concentrate and muddle through the hard stuff. Ugh.

As for the easy stuff: I bought several more urls to link to my website and blog in anticipation of announcing my books' publications. Eventually I will have my publishing site (with links back to Good Manners Kids Stuff) and an author's site and e-stores on Createspace and Amazon all linking together and these urls of the book titles will also send traffic. Hopefully these threads will turn out to be an integral part of my comprehensive web strategy for marketing and building a brand.

And I will look like a genius!

(Probably one with poison ivy, though!)

With best wishes to you for a nice holiday weekend,
I remain your wanna-be publisher and author,

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here.