Saturday, January 8, 2011

An exciting start for the New Year

Maybe it's the power of making New Year's Resolutions, but we're only a week into 2011 and things are already moving and shaking at Good Manners Kids Stuff Press!

Our ebook version of "The Month of Zephram Mondays" has been uploaded to Smashwords and been accepted into their Premium Catalog, which means that it is now available through iTunes for the iPad, iPod, iTouch, etc., and in online stores for Sony, Diesel and Kobo. (It should be available on Barnes and Noble for Nook, too -- the guidelines say two weeks from submission, and it's already been over two weeks.)

I've loaded "The Month of Zephram Mondays" into BookBuzzr, a company offering some very cool tools for authors and publishers. I love BookBuzzr's tagline -- they're the anti-obscurity tool for authors. They made this very cool preview tool that loads a book and looks like the pages are turning as you read it. I decided to give it a try for Zephram ... check it out on the right column if you'd like to read a little of it. If it works, I'll be loading it on all of our sites (and using it for other books) so I hope this widget becomes a strong publicity helper!

While finishing up "The Tale of Time Warp Tuesday," I've also been trying to get the Good Sportsmanship book up on Kindle. Unfortunately, I've found it isn't as easy to convert an illustration-heavy book for e-reading, but since ebooks are the wave of the future, I will not give up! I hope to post very soon that it is up and running smoothly on Kindle.

It's a snowy Saturday, a perfect day to curl up by the fire and do some writing while taking breaks to warm up hot chocolate for my daughters and their friends, so I'm going to sign off for now.

Until my next post, I wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Book-filled New Year!
Leslie

P.S. Were you able to find any time to squeeze in a good book over the holidays? I did -- the second Mysterious Benedict Society book and also the last book of the Wondrous Strange trilogy. Oh, alright, I confess I also read a couple of Regency Romances. I'm all about spanning genres!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here.